It is great to rank on the first page of Google. But how would you feel if your website gets stuck on page 2 of Google and is not moving towards the top 10 websites in Google SERP? It feels terrible, especially from an SEO point of view!
However, ranking on the second page of Google does not mean your website is now dead and cannot fetch results. In fact, it is the time you must pay attention to. It is because websites ranking on the second page of Google hold great relevance and the power to fetch enough traffic.
So, use this opportunity to boost traffic on your website. Even, most of the time, websites ranking on page 2 in Google give the best return on investment, and hence, can be equally lucrative as websites ranking on the first page.
Now, the possibility to increase traffic on your website is not the only reason you must pay attention to website ranking on the second page of Google. There are more other reasons for it.
You must focus on the website on page 2 of Google because:
- You already have well-written content, which has beat millions of other websites in the competition.
- If your site is successfully ranking on page 2 on Google it means your articles are already indexed by crawlers on Google. For this, the crawlers have favored them and offered them a better position than other websites ranking on the third page, fourth page, and so on.
- You only have to provide a couple of tweaks to your site in order to push it to page 1 in Google rankings.
So, what you need to exactly do?
Well, you can push your website from the second page in Google to the first page by practicing the following techniques or tips.
- Identify the articles on your website that are ranking on page 2.
- Check articles that deliver the highest return on investment even while ranking on page 2.
- Push them and optimize them a little more so they can move up to page 1.
Hence, here check everything in detail step by step!
Step 1 – Finding the Blog Posts or Articles on Your Website Ranking in Page 2 of Google
- First, you need to log into the keyword finder account and click on the tool named as SERPWatcher. The best thing about KWFinder is that there are numerous discount options and packages available, which you can use in order to use the tool while spending less money.
- As soon as the next screen appears, you need to click on your website’s URL.
- After this, you need to click on the option ‘filter keywords.’
- In this option, you have to enter the preferred filter settings for the ‘current position.’ This will make sure that only keywords ranking on page 2 of Google are displayed. These are the keywords ranking between positions 11 and 20.
- Once all the necessary details are entered, the keywords ranking on page 2 in Google will be listed in decreasing order.
Step 2 – Identifying Posts or Articles that Deliver the Higher ROI on Page 2
- Then you can select the very first keyword mentioned in the list and enter the same into the search box within the ‘All Posts’ page section of the WordPress admin area.
- This way, you will be able to know about the blogs or articles, which rank at the top of page 2 of Google search rankings.
- The next step is to tweak the post or article by editing the previous content or adding new content.
Step 3 – Tweak or Push Articles to Rank them on Page 1 in Google
There are various techniques or tips you can follow in order to boost the ranking of your articles or blogs. Here, we share with you the 7 most effective and best techniques to give your posts an SEO boost and shift them up from page 2 ranking of Google to page 1.
10 Times Your Content:
Scan the sub-headings as well as headings in the blog posts that you have availed through the results. These are the articles, which rank above the page in search results, which is page 1 in Google.
Prepare a list of all the topics as well as sub-topics that are important or rank well but are not covered by your article.
Once such topics and sub-topics are shortlisted, you must then conduct in-depth research online around those aspects, create new content, and incorporate the same to your post.
Incorporate a Video in Your Content:
Visual content is highly attractive. It is preferred among the audience as well as search engines. If your post does not already include a video, you can check YouTube and enter the main keyword for the post. There you will find a main keyword for the post and search for a useful video on a similar topic as your post.
Check a video that has gained a minimum of 2,500 views and holds a good thumbs-down and thumbs-up ratio.
Then add an article or post in the video. Include the video right above the post of an H2 heading, which confirms the video title. Insert the relevant content and length of video into the round brackets.
Edit the Title of Your Content and SEO Optimize It:
Might be the title of your post is not SEO optimized. This can be a reason why that article is not ranking on the first page in Google. Hence, check closely the SEO title and see if you can use any one of the following in your title:
- Include parentheses in the title of your post. This helps to create a unique title and make your post stand out from the others. Some of the examples you can consider are, Updated and Revised or The Top 7 Tips, or Complete Guide, and more.
- Add the present year into your blog post. It is because when searchers lookout for information on the first page of Google, they usually look out and prefer the most updated information.
- Include the number in the title of your post. It is because the numbers let your text stand out and results in more number of clicks.
- It is a great idea to include a symbol in your post. It is because including symbols let the SEO title of your post stand out. Also, it results in a higher click-through rate or CTR.
- Moreover, include a keyword in your SEO title. It is because online searchers are searching for the most relevant content as per the search term, which they have just entered into Google.
Make Necessary Adjustments and Edits to the Meta Description:
It is extremely important that the Meta description of your post contains a relevant keyword. Moreover, the keyword must be placed as close as the beginning of the Meta description. Only then it has a higher chance to rank top for the searched keyword.
Furthermore, the Meta description of your post must start with and include an action word. This action word can be Get more, Increase your, or Discover how to.
Integrate words in the content, which evoke an emotional response. These words can be free, unlimited, easy, fast, solution, immediate, and more.
Boost the Speed of Your Webpage:
Another simple and effective method to push your posts or articles from the second page of Google to page 1 is improving the page speed.
The page speed is the total time that the web page of your site takes to load in a browser. It is a major ranking factor in Google. Even, more than half of the browsers online perform their search on mobile devices. This clearly shows they have very little time and hence are looking for a quick and fast solution.
For this reason, Google always prefers displaying results that load fast and speedily on the mobile device. If your webpage is unable to upload fast in a browser, it would lose market share to the other search engines.
Hence, Google considers the page speed an important ranking factor. Basically, Google says that if you want your website or webpage to appear on the page in Google search engine rankings, you need to offer mobile users a rich experience.
It clearly means that your webpage must not take more than 2 seconds to load.
In order to check the page speed of your webpage, you can use various online tools. One highly effective and reliable tool available online is Pingdom Tools. Within this tool, you can paste the URL of the webpage, which you want to optimize.
If the webpage needs more than 2 seconds for loading, it means its page speed is not optimized and hence you have to make necessary changes in order to boost the load time of the webpage.
For most of the webpages, the major factor responsible for slow page speed is images. If your webpage includes numerous pages and those images are not properly SEO optimized, it leads to a slow load of the webpage.
It is because the images form the major part of content volume. Sometimes, it is around 92% of the total content on the web page.
If this is the case with your web page, you need to shrink the size of images on your page. For this, you can use a tool such as Kraken. This is a paid tool. However, it can be used for free for almost a month of average use. You simply have to sign up for a free account and once you avail of the paid services you can use all the pro features.
You need to check the webpage that you want to optimize. Check the top menu in the browser and select the option for the save page as. All image files for that particular page will be downloaded into a folder on the hard drive.
Next, you need to check that folder and click the option for command + F. Here, you need to set necessary filters to your image.
Next, you need to copy the entire image files and collect them in a novel folder.
Then, use Kraken and here upload all images in the newly created folder. Shrink the size and check the published post. You can replace the current images with those you have shrunk using this tool.
Finally, use Pingdom again and check the speed of your webpage.
Definitely, your webpage will now load in less than 2 seconds.
Enhance Your Content’s Readability:
Next, you need to consider the readability of your post or how much readable it is.
Posts having sentences, which are more than 20 words are considered unreadable. The paragraphs must not be more than 4 sentences. Does your content have huge and lengthy paragraphs without headings and sub-headings to break the text?
In order to make your content readable, it must include short sentences, smaller paragraphs, and content that breaks the entire content using headings and sub-headings.
To check the readability of your content you can perform a readability test using the online tool, readable. It is essential to properly adjust your article’s text till you gain a score ‘A.’
If your webpage holds a readable content, it will ensure that people stay longer on the webpage. Also, this is a great way to shift your post from Page 1 to Page 2.
Change the Publication Date:
Finally, you need to click on the option ‘Quick Edit,’ mentioned under the title of the post.
You need to alter the date to the existing or current date.
Just make sure that only alter the publication date if you have updated content at least 10% of the post. If only the publication date is altered without performing substantial alterations to the content, it is most likely to be considered by Google as a way to trick the search engines and lead to a penalty.
You now know the best ways to push your webpage from page 2 to page 1 on Google. Just follow the above-mentioned tips and sure you will gain the desired results.