You have designed your website, launched it, got your marketing on spot, have event paid for PPC and all your web pages are optimized according to SEO guidelines.
Even your paid Facebook ads are set, all this amounts to great traffic. You are quite happy about the kind of traffic you are getting.
Everything is in place and people are visiting your website just the way you wanted. But somehow you do not see any conversion or any revenue generated from all the traffic.
You start wondering, why?
Well, there are plenty of reasons why this scenario might arise. First, you have to analyze what your users do after they have seen the ads on the web page. For that, you need to have a very good landing page.
Only a good landing page will get you high conversion and hence higher revenue. So, it means that you do not just want people to visit your page, but you want them to take the desired action once they are on the page.
For that, you have to make sure that, the landing page is interesting enough for users to make a purchase.
In this article, we will tell you the best ways how to create high converting landing pages and everything you need to know about it. But let us first understand what a landing page is.
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a webpage on which a user or a visitor land or stops at when he is visiting a certain website.
Any web page can be a landing page. The main purpose of a landing page is to ask visitors to do something specific on that page, like signing up for the newsletter or buying your product or availing your service.
The main element of a great landing page is that it should target a particular set of audience. You have to draw the attention of your audience and the best way to do this is to provide them the information that they are looking for.
If you create a great first impression by providing them the information that they are looking for, they will stop searching for that on the web and they will be then ready to take the necessary action.
Visitors must be able to find whatever they are looking for right at first glance when they land on that page. So, you can realize how important it is to build a strong first impression.
What are the Major Components of a Perfect Landing Page?
Let us understand what are the major aspects of a high converting landing page that creates high conversion.
- Headline: The headline of an article has the power to make or break the fate of that landing page. When a user opens a page, the first thing he notices is the headline of the page. The headline decides whether the visitor will go ahead and get down till the bottom of the page.
- The content: Of course, you have to create high-quality content that would interest readers. Your content should contain all the necessary and relevant information that readers are looking for.
- Keywords: These are what determines the SEO of the website. Users search for these keywords and that takes them to your page. The headline of your article, the body, and the meta description should all contain these keywords.
- Pictures: The landing page on which users are landing should contain an attractive image that increases the interest of the visitors to a great deal.
- Social sharing buttons: The social sharing buttons that let users share your content to their own social media handles across various platforms, should be clear on the landing page.
- Conversion form: Finally, the most important factor of the landing page is the conversion form. This is the form that users fill up with their details and that increases your customer database.
How to Build a High Converting Landing Page?
So now that you know what is the landing page and what are the major components that make for the perfect landing page, let us shift our focus to the most important aspect of the article, which is, how to build a landing page that would get you high conversion.
1. Identify your target audience:
The landing page that you are designing should target and communicate with a certain specific audience. Identify the problem areas of your target audience and know what they need. Provide exactly those relevant information to your target audience.
The copy that you’re writing should be focused on the current problems that your audience is facing. If you are planning to send traffic to a landing page through advertising, you have to run lots of different ads and create different landing pages for each of them.
The content for each of those landing pages might be on similar lines, but you have to change the headlines for each of them and there should be a difference in the key takeaways from the content.
2. You have to define the most wanted action that you need:
The most wanted action is the one action, that you want your website visitors to take when they land on the landing page. What is going to be the most wanted action depends on what product you are selling and what strategy you are adopting.
If you are selling something on the more expensive lines, it is better to get their email ids first and build a trustworthy customer- seller relationship with them.
On the other hand, if the products or services that you are selling are cheaper, you can directly sell your product.
3. You have to give away irresistible incentives that your customers cannot refuse:
When a visitor is landing on a page on your website, you want them to take certain actions. But the question remains, what would the user get in return if he performs the action?
For that, you have to design incentives that will be irresistible and which will enable you to close the deal in the shortest possible time. Give a discount to new visitors, or offer them free consultation of your services, etc.
Depending on what you are selling and what the CTA of the landing page is, you can improvise befitting incentives that your users would absolutely love.
The incentives should be something that visitors can use right away after they perform the desired action, you want them to.
4. Design the landing page properly:
Once you have the action that you want and the incentives that you are giving in place and you have understood your target audience, the next thing that you have to do is to design a landing page which should prompt your audience to take the action immediately.
For that, you need to make a list of all the elements that you should include and the ones you should exclude from that page.
What you should include:
- A specific and clear head line that should give away what the article is about.
- The logo of your company. That is going to be your brand identity on the landing page.
- A short explanation right after the headline of the article, explaining what readers can expect from the piece.
- An image that goes with the article or an image of the product you are selling.
- A form which you want your users to fill up, with not too many fields. Too many fields might put off users and they would not want to fill the form at all.
- A signup button or a purchase button, depending on what you want the most from your audience.
What You Should Leave Out:
- Leave out any navigation menu. Your prime focus should only be on what you are offering.
- Links to other sections of your website that has no relevance to your product whatsoever, for example, the ‘About Us’ section of the website.
- Pictures and images that are not related to the product you are offering. Any useless pictures will only distract your readers.
- Anything that is hard to read. The font size should always be at least 12 or more than that. Anything less than 12 points is not legible.
- Do not include any links that would make readers have to go to the next page. Try to fit everything into one page. Readers will prefer scrolling down rather than clicking on the next page button.
Well, there can always be exceptions and you do not necessarily have to always stick to the above-mentioned points. Once you get hold of how things work, you can get creative and make little changes here and there.
5. The text of the content should be simple:
The best kind of content that gives the highest conversion rate is the one that is simple, easy to read and easy for people to decipher what message you are trying to give. To create the best landing page for the highest conversion, keep two things in mind:
The article should have a conversational tone: The copy that you are writing should look like as if you are communicating with a person, with a 10-year-old child actually.
This does not mean that you will assume your audience is stupid, it just means that the level of text should be that simple and that the attention span of the average reader is pretty less.
The structure should be simple: The body of the text should be simple enough so that the main points of the text are communicated to the readers easily.
6. The content should be structured in a way that it should give value to the readers upfront:
The headline of an article tells people that they are in the right place, the content in the body will tell them why converting on your website is beneficial for them.
A great way to make your landing page have a high conversion rate is to make the content skimmable.
You have to remember how readers read articles online. They do not really read each and every word, their eyes just scan the content and halt at the vital information.
If there are no vital information, they just move on. So, all you have is a few seconds to catch their attention.
So, you should build your content in a way that it should not visually intimidate readers with long, boring paragraphs of text. Use bullets and sub headings wherever you can.
7. Have a clear CTA on the landing page:
The CTA of the landing page should be clear enough for readers to know what they have to do. For that, you have to pay attention to how you design the CTA.
Use positive words to determine your CTA. Be direct and use positive words while writing your call to action. Your readers should feel like you are talking directly to them.
You have to think from the point of view of the reader and how he is going to react after reading the CTA.
Use colors that are there in the logo: When you use same or similar colors, the readers identify those colors with your brand.
Gong completely contrast might create confusion among your reader and might refrain from performing the call to action.
So you see, for a high converting landing page, getting leads and getting them converted depends on a lot of factors. You might have done everything right, you might have had the highest ranking on the search engine results page and still have very low conversion numbers. That scenario is totally possible.
How you change that scenario is completely up to you. Remember that the ultimate aim of starting your business was not just to get high traffic, but to generate maximum sales and revenue from that traffic. Now that you know the strategies to build a high conversion landing page, go for it!